Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19th

Well, hello again everybody! I had a great couple of weeks up north in the Rizal area. The first two weeks were spent at Rizal Re-Creation Center (one week of elementary camp, and one week of high/middle school camp), and much of the third week was spent in Tanza/Antipolo (towns outside of Manilla a little ways).
I'm going to separate the events that have transpired over the last three weeks into a couple different posts over the next couple days when I have time.
This evening, because I am pretty tired, I am just going to upload some pictures of the Rizal Re-Creation center/camp. I took some pictures of the grounds in between the two weeks of camp, but once the kids arrived we were asked not to have our phones out, so I didn't get to take any pictures of the kids or activities - I did buy a thumb drive though and get pictures from one of the adults who was going around taking pictures, I will see if I can borrow a computer so that I can put some of those on here tomorrow.
Anyway here are some pictures of the camp. Many are just of the scenery - it was so green all around, tons of coconut trees, a very nice pool and slide, a koy fish pond, etc. The bunks are inside a cabin obviously, those were where we stayed with the campers. Each cabin held 12 people and had its own bathroom with shower - very nice! They also have nicer guest rooms with air conditioning that retreat groups can stay in. Those of us who stayed after the camps to go into Tanza got to stay in those guest rooms for a couple nights, I forgot to take pictures of those rooms though. As you will be able to tell from the pictures, it was a beautiful place.
Also at this place is the official biggest spinning top in the world - I forget the dimensions exactly, but it is over 10 feet tall and around 8 feet wide. I will explain more about this later as well...stay tuned.














2 comments:

  1. Jonathan, so good to see you back posting --- we felt like we were so out of touch when we couldn't 'hear and see' you online. Rizal looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for putting pictures on -- get some rest and we'll look forward to further posts and seeing you in August! Hugs, prayers and love always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan - it is good to hear from you again! I agree with Nonna and GrandBob - we felt like we were out of touch with you. I have really appreciated all the technology these past several months - it doesn't seem like you are on the other side of the world. Thanks for posting pictures of the Re-Creation Center - it is very beautiful! I'm glad you had a great few weeks in Rizal. I look forward to hearing about your time there. I'm sure everyone at Sankey was happy that you have returned. Get some rest when you can. Love you!

    ReplyDelete