Friday, April 20, 2012

April 20th

Just a quick post this evening - I am going to try to go to bed early tonight.
The Australian team left this morning, but there is still stuff to do at the church so we went back today and will probably have another week or so of work. The roof is on and the floor has been raised and poured. I took pictures, but I forgot my memory card up in my room, so I will try to post those tomorrow night.
We had a going away party for the team last night - nothing exotic food-wise, fried chicken and spaghetti. And then we played some games. It was a fun night. We will miss not having the Australians here. I will especially miss them, not only because they were great people, but because they took some of the attention off of me when we went out in public. When with a group of white people the stares were everyone spread out among all of us...haha!
We had another basketball game two nights ago - won this one. They have an announced at the game calling the game play by play. So everyone at the game knows my name now, and after the game I can't tell you how many people came I to me and said, "Hey Eaton! " haha.
Pictures to come tomorrow night hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. GrandBob and I are really glad that you took a pair of "basketball playing shoes" -- hopefully you don't wear them out before you return home!!! We also didn't think it would take much time for everyone to know your name!!!! We know that they all are so glad to be your friends. Keep up the good work,glad that once in awhile you get to bed early. We always send you our love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete