Friday, April 27, 2012

April 27th

Today was the first day this week that I have gone to the church to help with the building. It is coming along nicely on the inside - we should be ready to paint next week and lay the finished cement floor. There wasn't a lot of work to do today, it is still most work for the skilled laborers. I didn't take any pictures because it was fairly dark inside - the electrical work is almost finished.
I had another new eating experience at lunch today. We had freshly caught squid. I have yet to look up on the Internet what the black liquid inside them is, but I took a bite it all shot out and kind of surprised me - as well as ruined my desire to have any second helping.
The last few days I have stayed around Sankey and there has been odds and ends things to do (getting things cleaned at the school, mowing grass, and various things that need to be done on the farm). The kids taught me a new card game the other day, tongitz (unsure of the spelling). I lost most of the time, and as it turns out I was cheating (unintentionally) most of the time - but apparently the cheating did not work to my benefit. We have been playing volleyball lost every afternoon as well. Reminds me of last summer in mt pleasant when we played alot of volleyball. Everyone here is really quite good.
We had a birthday dinner for all the kids with birthdays in the month of April and we are currently watching a movie outside on a projector screen. The nights tend to be fairly cool temperature wise, so it is a actually quite comfortable right now. It's cooler outside than in most of the houses and buildings.
No recent pictures, however if you have access to facebook various people have been posting pictures that I am tagged in if you want to check those out. I will see if I can figure out a way to transfer some from fb to my blog for those of you without a facebook account.

2 comments:

  1. I found a Tagalog phrase that might have fit when the children were attempting to teach you a new game --- tanggalin mo ang iyong daliri mula sa iyong tainga at makinig ka sa akin!!! Translated means --- take your finger out of your ear and listen to me!! I thought it pretty lengthy but maybe when speaking the language it doesn't sound so long!!! Glad as always to hear from you and thanks for my birthday greetings!! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you have had a few relaxing days. Sounds like you are still enjoying everything you do there. You must be getting used to the heat if you think the evenings are cool - I check the weather every now and then in the Philippines and the evenings are around 80. So the movies you watch - what language are they in and are they current movies? Great to see the pictures of you playing basketball - I know you are really enjoying that too. Take care. Love you!

    ReplyDelete