Wednesday, May 2, 2012

May 2nd

Today was a fairly inactive day, which was kind of nice. We just did a little work here around Sankey in the morning and then a little in the afternoon. The rest of the day I just spent hanging out with some of the kids. There was a beautiful sunset this evening that I tired to get a picture of, but I could find a clear view, and the picture I did take turned out to dark. The sky had that reddish tint to it and from where Sankey is at the sun sets behind a volcano. It looked really cool. I wish I could of gotten a picture.
Anyway, yesterday was a long day. Some of us were up and out by 4:30. We traveled a couple hours to a sportsfest for churches in the metromanilla area. They had all sorts of activities for all ages - swimming, ping pong, pool, basketball, volleyball. I played with thebasketball team. We sort of won the championship, and I say sort of because the game ended about 10 minutes early due to a fight that almost broke out...haha. It kind of reminded me of some of the more competitive games in church league softball. Our guys were all much bigger and on a couple different occasions when going up for rebounds their player would run into one of ours and go down pretty hard. After the third time and their bench cleared they decided to call the game. We were up 20 points or so so they just said we won.
We didn't get home until around 8:30 last night and I was extremely tired. I tried sleeping on the way home, but with I think 18 people in the back of the Sankey truck (the white vehicle that I have previously posted a picture of) there wasn't much room to sleep.
Half of the time my camera doesn't work, and I don't know why, so I don't have any new pictures that I have taken. I'm still trying to figure out how to get pictures from facebook to here, as most of you know I'm not too tech savvy.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of softball you wanna come back and play for the summer?! We're losing guys left and right! Glad you're having fun buddy, miss you lots here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonathan, we were able to see some of the 'basketball' pictures since you were 'tagged' in them on Facebook. We always check your blog for new postings to see how things are going for you. We continue to pray for you and your work. Love you!

    ReplyDelete