Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 17th

To those who knew that I wasn't feeling well, I am feeling much better now! Ever since about Tuesday afternoon I have been back to normal. Monday wasn't too bad, I just had very little energy from not eating much the previous day and a half. And it's a good thing I wasn't sick any longer - I can't afford to not eat. Several people have commented that I have gotten thinner since I've been here, so I weighed myself the other day - I'm down over 20lbs now! The last couple days I have been trying to Americanize more of my meals, because it's not that I'm not eating, in fact I am very rarely hungry, but the combination of working outside and sweating and eating rice, fish, and vegetables with the kids at least once a day, sometimes twice a day = weight loss...haha!
Anyway, I have pictures!! We have still been painting for most of the last few days. I think all of the outside of buildings are done, a few people are still painting a few of the roofs, but most of the work has been in the classrooms. I took some pictures of some of the artwork on the walls that some of the girls have done - a couple of them are really good!
Then, we have my attempt at a map of Sankey/Cugley - haha! It is in no way proportional, but it gives you an idea of the layout, but the other pictures will hopefully help with that. After the picture of the map is a picture taken from the entrance looking in - the gym is in the left, and the building all the way in the back is the mission house where I stay. The next picture is taken from my balcony looking out at the entrance - gym is on the right, classrooms on the left. Then I panned to the left, still from my balcony and those are the other classrooms and the soccer field. I couldn't get a somewhat aerial shot of the dorms to the left of the gym, but in an earlier post I have pictures of those buildings.
Lastly, are a few pictures from another feeding program we did today! We did the same things as last time, just a new location and different kids - but still great!
Oh, and I just remembered I have some pictures of another cool restaurant that we stopped by the other day! We didn't eat there, just looked! Some of the seating is on land, but there is more out on the water in the building in the first picture. And if that isn't cool, they use the contraption in the next two pictures to send food down to the people at those tables...I did not get to see it in action, but I was still impressed! They also had some ostrich there that I thought were for viewing amusement purposes - which I guess is one role they play, but after looking at a menu they serve a second purpose as well...



















1 comment:

  1. Jonathan, so glad to hear you are better. Our Sunday School classes and Bible study group have been praying for your recovery -- we'll tell them, answered prayer! The pictures are great. Too bad you didn't have the opportunity to eat at the floating restaurant, it sounds like you need more McDonald's added into your diet!! :-) Please tell some of the girls with the great art work that we could use them in our Vacation Bible School craft dept. --they are really good!! We continue to pray for your work there. The little children that you work with in the feeding (pictures you posted) are adorable -- we will pray for them as well. Let us know if there is anything we can send to you to help minister to them and others. We send you love, prayers and lots of hugs.

    ReplyDelete